No obligation enquiry
Send us your no-obligation request today.
Other winter activities
Other winter activities in Austria - Your Ski Vacations in Carinthia
Winter wonderland – Bad Kleinkirchheim – Nock Mountains National Park
During winter the Nock Mountains National Park region transforms into a winter wonderland made of snow and ice. Just like in the Snow Queen's emporium, you will wander from one snow adventure to the next during your winter holiday in Austria. Skiing is only one of the many possibilities available during winter in the Thermal spring wellness town of Bad Kleinkirchheim.
Experience the almost powdery, sugar-coated snowy landscapes during wintry walks or ski tours in the snow covered Carinthian winter landscape. The crunching of fresh snow beneath your soles and the soft tingling of bells will bring back romantic memories. Why not go on a horse sleigh ride? Or jump on a toboggan or a sleigh. Night-lit tobogganing tracks are a special adventure for which you truly have to be young at heart. Laugh heartily, be excited, amazed and amused – winter holidays in Carinthia have a special magic about them!
As a guest at the 5-star-hotel Pulverer in the heart of the cure town of Bad Kleinkirchheim you can choose from the following leisure activities:
On more than 60 kilometres of well-groomed hiking paths you can explore the Nock Mountains in winter by snowshoe hiking. The romantic hikes in fresh, clear mountain air are led by a regional guide from the Sportschule Krainer.
You can experience the quirky sport of Bavarian curling at the nearby curling range of the Einkehr restaurant (located next to the lower terminus of the Maibrunnbahn cable car) or at the Hotel Kärntnerhof – with prior registration.
Horse sleigh rides are possible in the Nock Mountains region and in the region around Lake Millstatt. Enjoy a romantic ride, wrapped in warm blankets, side by side with your darling or surrounded by your loved ones.
Horse sleigh rides in the Nock Mountains region
- Moosbauerhof farm, Family Thamer, Bad Kleinkirchheim
- Raderhof, Familiy Brunner, Feld am See
- Horse sleigh rides on the frozen Breensee Lake
- Horse sleigh rides at the Hochrindl in the midst of nature and the protected area of the Nock Mountains – Mr. Reinhard Dörfler, Oberdörfl 2, Sirnitz
Horse sleigh rides in the Lake Millstatt region
- Landhaus Podesser; Seeboden; Tel. 04762/81 502
Do your skating circuits at the nearby Breensee Lake, at Lake Afritz, or at the ice skating rink in Bad Kleinkirchheim (near the tennis hall). The two lakes can be skated on safely, depending on the temperature, and the ice rink is available throughout the winter season.
Ride a toboggan down snow covered mountain paths or forest roads. You will not have had this much fun in a long time! For tobogganing you have the following options:
- Kaiserburg 4KM lit toboggan run 1,363 – 1,060m, medium level, ( from 26.12.12 till 27.02.13 open Wednesdays from 05.30pm until 8pm and during high season 04.-18.02.2013 also Mondays - NIGHT TOBAGGANING at the Kaiserburg 1)
- Falkerthaus and Lärchenhütte - St. Oswald - 4KM toboggan run
- Poldlhütte - St. Oswald - 4KM tobaggan run
- NIGHT TOBAGGANING from Unterwirt Hüttn - Bad Kleinkirchheim - 3 km. Reservation in advance necessary!
Feld am See
- The “Mirnock 73” with 1.5KM lit toboggan run, medium and located in the centre of town.
- At the “Thurnerhof” toboggan run (4.5KM) a giant snow castle waits for guests with refreshments in the middle of the forest. The ascent is possible with a tractor taxi.
- The snow secure Feldpann Alp (1,200-1,600m) boasts a 1.1KM-long toboggan run.
- Schneeburg toboggan run 700-1,100m, 4.5KM, easy level.
- The toboggan run at the Falkert is lit every night – night tobogganing of the finest kind in Carinthia, Austria.
With Sports School Krainer. Hike in the moonlight with torches to rustic chalets and spend a sociable evening in great company.
Ever fancied feeling like the explorer of the North pole? Take a dog sleigh ride through the forests up and down in the hilly snow covered landscapes. The Sports school Krainer, sports partner of Hotel Pulverer, will organise your husky sleigh safari for you. - Just contact us or Sportschule Krainer!
High into the sky with a hot air balloon - can you imagine anything more beautiful than experiencing snow-covered landscapes from airy heights in bright sunshine and blue skies? The Sports S_enchool Krainer will happily organise your balloon flight for you.
Be spoilt for choice with winter activities at the Thermal world Hotel Pulverer. For more information contact a team member at Hotel Pulverer via a no-obligation request.