No obligation enquiry
Send us your no-obligation request today.
Cross country skiing
Cross country skiing in Carinthia – Nordic walking in winter
Cross country skiing region in Carinthia – right beside the thermal hotel Pulverer
Cross country skiing has celebrated a great come back during the last couple of years as the wintry companion of Nordic walking. Cross country skiing is a great way to keep fit during winter. Hardly any other sport will strengthen and at the same time protect muscles and joints in the same way. It is the perfect cardio exercise, which strengthens your muscles and saves your joints. The positive effects of cross country skiing for heart and blood pressure have been medically proven.
Cross country skiers of both styles - classic and skating - will find a large selection of perfectly-traced cross country skiing trails in and around Bad Kleinkirchheim and the Nock Mountains. It is not far to any of these trails – some of these tracks lead right through the Thermal spring town of Bad Kleinkirchheim. Great cross country skiing opportunities are a given during your winter holidays in beautiful Carinthia in Austria!
Have a look at the gorgeous cross country skiing panorama (PDF | 5,4 MB)
The 8-kilometre-long valley cross country skiing trail has artificial snow makers working from November and can be used for both styles. The high alpine cross country skiing trail at 1,870 metres promises optimal training conditions and cross country skiing fun with reliable snow. And from gliding and the more sporty skating your muscles will look forward to a hot soak in the thermal water – from the mountain into the Pulverer thermal complex. What a way to finish your cross country skiing day!
Here you find the cross country skiing trails of Bad Kleinkirchheim and the neighbouring towns at a glance:
- Bad Kleinkirchheim Roman cross country skiing trail, distance: 8KM / loop
High alpine cross country ski trail Nockalm at 1,870m, distance: 5KM / loop
- Patergassen – Ebene Reichenau – Gnesau Roman cross country skiing trail, distance 42KM, direct connection to Bad Kleinkirchheim Roman cross country skiing trail
- High altitude cross country ski trail and skating trail, distance each: 7KM at the Falkert at 2,000 metres
- Panoramic cross country skiing trail, distance: 12KM; Andere cross country ski trail, distance: 4KM; Kegel cross country skiing trail, distance: 10KM at the Hochrindl between 1,600 metres and 1,800 metres
- Hiking cross country skiing trail, distance: 8KM; Swiss Pine forest cross country skiing trail: distance: 3,7KM; Lake Schwarzsee cross country skiing trail: distance: 6,5KM located at the Turracher Höhe between 1,760 metres and 1,810 metres
You cannot wait to glide along one of the Bad Kleinkirchheim cross country skiing trails? If you have not booked a room for your cross country skiing holiday in Austria then send a non-committal request for a room here. Or book online.